This site may contains affiliate links to products and/or sponsored content. Girl Appetit may receive a commission for purchases made through such links.
This recipe came to be completely by accident, I swear. Originally, I was planning a typical ol’ Taco Tuesday night, but my beef recipe idea didn’t turn out quite like I expected… so the Taco Mac was born. One of the best accidents ever. The recipe is 100% gluten and dairy free (good news for all of you who have sensitivities!). Lately, I have been experimenting with plant based brands. Specifically, vegan cheese brands. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy a good dose of cheese every now and then, but I have been trying to cut back a bit. At the same time, I have been trying out new gluten free pasta brands too. So far, the winners have been Miyokos Creamery (for plant based cheese) and Jovial Foods (for gluten free pasta). Anyway, back to my Taco Mac discovery. This dish is like a mix between the best taco you’ve ever had, mac and cheese and hamburger helper. Only it’s made with good, quality ingredients. So it’s a win-win in my book. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did, and please be sure to tag me @girlappetit on Instagram when you make it. I’d love to see your masterpiece!
Taco MacCourse: animal protein, dairy free, gluten free, recipes
1lb grass-fed organic ground beef
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 cups organic white mushroom, sliced
2 cups organic baby spinach, rough chop
1 cup Miyokos vegan cheddar cheese (you may also opt for regular cheddar cheese)
1 pack mild or spicy Siete Foods taco seasoning (the best taco seasoning you’ll ever have)
12oz box of Jovial Foods gluten free (brown rice) elbow macaroni
1 Tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp salt
- Heat a large skillet on Medium heat and pour avocado oil
- Once oil is hot, add in onions and sauté for about 5 minutes
- Add in ground beef and cook until browned
- Add in mushrooms and spinach
- Sauté all ingredients together for another 5 minutes or so. Until beef is completely cooked, mushrooms are tender and spinach has wilted.
- Add taco seasoning + 1/3 cup of water
- Add in vegan cheese and mix everything together
- Cover and stir frequently until cheese has completely melted
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Once done add pasta directly into the skillet and mix everything together. Serve immediately and ENJOY!
PRODUCTS USED IN THIS RECIPE