This site may contains affiliate links to products and/or sponsored content. Girl Appetit may receive a commission for purchases made through such links.
These air fryer pork and beef meatballs are cooked in just 10 minutes. There is no sauce included in this recipe so you can literally add them to so many other dishes.
I love making meatballs. They are super easy, you can make a big batch which is perfect for meal prep. Traditional meatballs are some of the best because they are extremely versatile and can be included in various recipes.
You are going to love how easy it is to make these air fryer pork and beef meatballs, and there is no sauce to worry about either! These meatballs take just 10 minutes to cook in the air fryer.
This recipe is all about how to make air fryer pork and beef meatballs with no sauce.
Why this air fryer pork and beef meatball recipe works
Having something that can be prepped ahead of time and used in various dishes is such a time saver. These air fryer pork and beef meatballs are made fairly traditionally so the flavor goes well with any type of sauce.
You could eat them as is with some rice or mashed potatoes, or a side of veggies. You can add them to spaghetti sauce, or a gravy if you were in the mood for Swedish meatballs.
Cooking time took only ten minutes for these (roughly) one inch meatballs. This recipe made an average of about 32 meatballs, which equaled to about two batches in the air fryer.
Ingredients that you will need to make these meatballs
- ground pork and beef – our go to place to purchase quality meat is Butcher Box. They offer grass fed, grass finished, meats that taste amazing, and there is nothing better than knowing where your protein comes from.
- egg – this will act as a binding agent in your pork and beef meatballs
- panko bread crumbs – I combine the panko breadcrumbs with a little bit of water to bring in some moisture. This will keep your meatballs from becoming too dense.
- seasonings – in this recipe you will need salt, garlic powder, fresh ground pepper and onion powder.
- freshly chopped parsley – Adding a little bit of fresh herbs brings a nice hint of flavor to these air fryer pork and beef meatballs.
Make your air fryer pork and beef meatballs no sauce in these easy steps
- start by adding your breadcrumbs to a small bowl with 1/3 cup water. Let sit for a few minutes until breadcrumbs have absorbed the water.
- now go ahead and add all of your ingredients to a large bowl, including the breadcrumb/water mixture.
- make sure that all ingredients have mixed in well with each other to create the meatball “dough”
- using a 1.5 tbsp sized cookie scooper, make 1 inch meatballs. Roll the “dough” in your hands to create the perfect meatball shape.
- place all of your rolled out meatballs on a cooking tray so they are ready to go into the air fryer
- preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees (F) and set timer to 10 minutes
- once your air fryer is ready to go, place your meatballs in the basket (avoid them touching)
- depending on how big your air fryer basket is, that will determine how many you can fit in there.
- cook each batch for 10 minutes, gently turning the meatballs half way through.
FAQ about air fryer pork and beef meatballs
- How do you make super tender meatballs? Using a slice of day old bread, or breadcrumbs, soaked in water or milk will bring lightness to the meatballs.
- Why are meatballs so amazing? meatballs are so popular because they are both easy and extremely affordable to make as well.
- How many types of meatballs are there? There are actually seven types of meatballs; Italian, American, Turkish, Swedish, Spanish, Polish and Dutch.
- What sauce can I add these air fryer pork and beef meatballs to? You can add these meatballs to any type of sauce! I love including them in a classic marinara sauce or gravy whenever I am craving Swedish meatballs.
Here are more delicious air fryer recipes I think you’ll enjoy
Air Fryer Pork and Beef Meatballs No Sauce
- 1 Air Fryer Instant Vortex Plus (6qt)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl combine panko breadcrumbs and water, allowing it to soak together for just a few minutes.
- Now, in a large bowl, combine all of your ingredients including the breadcrumb/water mixture.
- Use a 1.5 tbsp size cookie scooper to scoop out some of the meatball dough and roll them into 1 inch meatballs using your hands.
- Place your rolled out meatballs on a cooking tray, ready to go into the air fryer.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees (F) and set timer to 10 minutes.
- Begin placing your meatballs into the air fryer basket. Place as many as you can as long as the meatballs aren’t touching.
- Air fry for 10 minutes, turning them once half way through.
- Once they are done, immediately add them to a sauce or serve on a plate with sides.
- If you are meal prepping, remove from air fryer basket once they are done and place on paper towel lined tray to allow the to cool before storing them in fridge.