This site may contains affiliate links to products and/or sponsored content. Girl Appetit may receive a commission for purchases made through such links.
This recipe came to be because I had left over mashed potatoes. Making something new out of something previously made makes me so freaking happy. I never let anything go to waste! You can definitely make these yummy little appetizers with your upcoming Thanksgiving left-over-mashed potatoes.
Buffalo Potato Puffs
4 cups mashed potatoes
1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I used The New Primal mild buffalo sauce)
1 cup gluten free flour
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
2 cups avocado oil
- In a large bowl combine mashed potatoes, buffalo sauce and salt.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of mashed potato mixture and carefully roll into a ball. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Once you’ve scooped and made all your potato puffs, place baking tray in freezer for about 15-20 min.
- Crack and mix 2 eggs in a large bowl breaking up the yolk. Combine flour and bread crumbs on a large plate.
- Take your potato puffs our of the freezer. One at a time dip each potato puff into egg mixture then roll around in flour/bread crumb mixture. Place them back on the baking tray and freeze for another 25-30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet on medium/high heat and pour in avocado oil.
- Carefully fry potato puffs for about 3 minutes on each side. You want them golden brown.