This site may contains affiliate links to products and/or sponsored content. Girl Appetit may receive a commission for purchases made through such links.
This will be the best pasta salad you’re ever going to make and enjoy, trust me! Who isn’t a fan of this delicious side dish… I know I am, which is why I made this recipe gluten and dairy free. As I have mentioned before, I am working on a lot of GF and DF recipes to help deal with my skin and hormonal issues. Little by little I have been making all my favorite recipes with these new adjustments and so far nothing has disappointed! This pasta salad recipe is no exception and is made with alllllll of the goodness: bacon, olives, heart of palm…. oh yeah.
Mediterranean Pasta SaladCourse: recipes
12oz box of gluten free bow-tie pasta (I love Jovial brand)
1/2 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup green olives, sliced
1/2 cup heart of palm, sliced
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, minced
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 cup E.V.O.O
7 slices cooked bacon, crispy, chopped
juice of 1 lemon
1/3 cup vegan (dairy free) mayo
- Cook pasta according to directions and be sure to undercook slightly. You want the pasta “al dente”.
- Drain and place pasta in bowl. Fridge for about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice and mayo and mix together.
- Once pasta is cold, add in all ingredients listed above plus lemon juice and mayo dressing.
- Gently toss pasta salad and serve!