This site may contains affiliate links to products and/or sponsored content. Girl Appetit may receive a commission for purchases made through such links.
Nachos have always been one of my favorite snack foods. Love everything about them! The cheesiness, the toppings, the crunch… then one day I thought to myself, why not make them with potato chips instead of tortilla chips?! Genius, I know. What made this even better was the fact that I made them with HOMEMADE potato chips. The whole meal was so easy, made with simple ingredients and it’s even dairy-free!
Dairy Free Potato Nachos
2 large russet potatoes
5 strips of bacon, cooked according to directions
1/3 cup green onion, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp avocado oil
Siete Foods Mild Cashew Nacho Cheese Sauce
- First, preheat your oven at 425 degrees
- Slice the potato into thin round shape
- Add sliced potatoes into a large bowl, add avocado oil, sprinkle in salt and toss until every potato slice is evenly coated
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place potatoes on sheet evenly without stacking. Try to avoid them touching, if they do a little bit, that’s okay.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Flip over and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- You want to bake them until they are crispy and firm… like chips!
- Once they are done set them out to cool for just a few minutes
- In a small saucepan, heat up “nacho cheese” until warm
- Top potato chips with chopped bacon and drizzle on warmed “nacho cheese”
- Put back in the oven for another 5 minutes
- Take out of the oven and garnish with green onions