This site may contains affiliate links to products and/or sponsored content. Girl Appetit may receive a commission for purchases made through such links.
The viral Jennifer Aniston salad that has been circling Instagram and TikTok has made it’s way into my weekly meal prep.
Legend has it that Rachel Green, herself, ate this abundant quinoa salad every day on the set of Friends! It’s her take on a healthy chopped salad, with lots of delicious and filling ingredients.
Usually, I’m really into meal prepping because I do prefer to eat something new and different every day. But lately coming up with something new on the daily is something that I just DO NOT want to do!
Between a full time job, home life, motherhood and also working on my content creation, there just isn’t time and energy. When I came across this salad, I thought to myself, “well that looks super easy, cheap and delicious”.
What’s in this viral “Jennifer Aniston Salad” recipe:
- cooked quinoa
- red onion
- fresh mint
- fresh Italian parsley
- crumbled feta cheese
- raw walnuts
- and a super simple homemade dressing
Why this is the perfect meal prep recipe
This viral quinoa salad makes the perfect meal prep recipe because it literally makes five to six servings which is absolutely amazing!
The ingredients in this recipe are so affordable, I am pretty sure it costs under $10 to make it. I love using my meal prep containers for this. It sets me up for the week so all I have to do in the morning is grab and go!
What makes this quinoa salad so delicious?
There is something so satisfying about quinoa. I was never the biggest fan of it as a side, but there’s something different about it when it’s cold, served as a salad, packed with other fresh ingredients.
The veggies you will find in it bring a crunch that is so good. The feta brings in a little creaminess, and the fresh herbs it just an explosion of flavor.
What ingredients are in the homemade dressing?
- lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh garlic
- The New Primal Poultry Seasoning (you can totally use any all purpose or Italian seasoning)
Jennifer Aniston Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1/2 red onion
- 8 oz crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian Parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp TNP Poultry Seasoning (or Italian seasoning)
- Cook quinoa according to directions on package. When done, place quinoa in a large mixing bowl and allow it to cool down before adding rest of ingredients.
- Dice the cucumbers and red onion
- Chop the parsley and mint
- Add all of your salad ingredients to the large mixing bowl and mix together well
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender or magic bullet. Blend until well combined
- Pour into a dressing bottle or mason jar and refrigerate