This site may contains affiliate links to products and/or sponsored content. Girl Appetit may receive a commission for purchases made through such links.
My Homemade Sweet Chili Sauce
There is nothing better than dipping delicious, crispy egg rolls in spicy sweet chili sauce. I’ve tried a fair share of store bought sauces, and a lot of them have been really good! But as you may have come to figure out about me, I love to make things myself from scratch. Sweet Chili Sauce is SO easy to make and you will know for sure that there won’t be any hidden additives.
HERE IS MY SIMPLE SWEET CHILI SAUCE RECIPE
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 1 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- Combine sugar and water in a small sauce pot and simmer until sugar has completely dissolved. This will create a simple syrup.
- Once sugar has dissolved, begin whisking the simple syrup and carefully add in corn starch one tablespoon at a time. Whisking constantly.
- Continue to whisk frequently (on a low heat) until simple syrup begins to thicken. This should take about 5 minutes or so.
- Once the simple syrup has become thick, remove sauce pan from heat.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix together until well combined.
- Allow sauce to cool down to room temperature before using.
- Store in an air tight container (such as a mason jar!)